Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Letter

Dear Lady In The Parkinglot,
I'm not sure if you noticed me right away but I sure noticed you. Actually, you were pretty hard to miss. I'd just come out of the Les Schwab after signing a promissory note to give them my left kidney when I saw you parked in the parkinglot with the hood of your SUV up. I would have come to offer you some help, at least the use of my cell phone, but I could tell you were otherwise occupied with your own cell phone. I must admit, you are a very creative lady! I've never met someone who knew the English language so well and could mix in French so easily. I wonder, was the person you were talking to deaf? You see, you were quite loud and I couldn't help but over hear your conversation with said deaf person from 6 parking spaces away. I also want to apologize for my blatant staring - I have an uncontrollable urge to stare at people when they're acting out of the ordinary, I'm sure you understand. I also want to commend you for teaching your 3 year old daughter, who was in the backseat of your car, about your wonderful communication skills. I can only hope that Abbey will be in her kindergarten class in a couple of years where she can share her knowledge so that she too can learn some French and become as eloquent as you obviously are.
Sincerely,
Amy

4 comments:

Hiller Family said...

I love when ding dongs share their bad day in public. My kids always say what's wrong with them. I always say who knows, and secretly give them a nasty look.

Unknown said...

Youch! Funny and very biting all at the same time. When we see someone like that Emily says that person needs a Frustration Vacation.

Ellen said...

Goodness. Someone needed a breather. Don't you wish we had grown up time outs? That you could just carry around a set of those naughty stairs or a naughty chair with you and tell adults to wait one minute for every year they are old when they are being ridiculous. Because honestly by the time you are 40 you would think you could have mastered your public outbursts.

Alanya/Ally said...

Wow... love it! I didn't know you blogged. This will be a nice way to keep in touch with you. Every time I see/talk to you I'm reminded of my sister! I hope I see you next Sunday (it's our last). Take care!
Ally Wyne