Don't you hate it when your day gets messed up and spun out of control all because of 5 minutes?? It seems like all of the eventful/crazy moments in my life are happening around the bus stop lately. Friday morning we left in plenty of time. We got to the corner and were set to wait for about 5-6 minutes until the bus came down the street. Ian then looks at me and says, "Mom, I have to go potty REAL BAD." Uh-huh, I thought. He does this every day because he thinks it's cool to pee in the bushes. I think it's a boy thing. Anyway, I told him he'd have to wait until he got to school because the bus was going to be there shortly. He looked at me and then said, "I think I peed my pants." WHAT!!! I glanced down, and sure enough he'd had an accident. I looked at him and told him to run as fast as he could to the car. We jumped in and I raced back to the house going much faster than is allowed in my little sub-division. I slammed the van into park and we sprinted into the house. I told him that he needed to strip and finish pee-ing in the potty while I raced upstairs to get fresh clothes. I got back downstairs and there he was sitting on the floor in front of the bathroom! He couldn't get his jeans off over his shoes so I ripped them off & yanked his pants down. He got changed and we ran back to the car with his shoe laces flapping in the breeze. We got back to the bus stop just as the bus was pulling up - I quickly tied his shoes, gave him a kiss and told him to have a good day. Whew! I timed it, you know. It only took us 3 minutes to get home, change, pee and get back. Just call me Mario Andretti.
Can you think of something that would make the rest of us Roll On the Floor Laughing? If so, go visit Shelle at Blokthoughts today and play along!
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

6 comments:
WOW!! You are a superstar!! Go MOM!!!
Lucky you! When stuff like that happened to me, I always missed the bus by like 2 seconds and had to drive my brat to school.
Wow...I would've missed the bus for sure like Binks said! I never have quite that kind of luck! Sorry that WAS funny though...I always seem to think my kids aren't being serious when they are because they CRY WOLF so many times! lol!
I have definitely had days like that.. more than I care to remember.
I found you through Blokthoughts and personally think that you would be an excellent Mario Andretti.
It sounds like you might have set a world record.... Way to go on catching the bus.
Wow, Super Mom. Don't let your Cape get caught up in your panty hose..
Post a Comment