Monday, September 8, 2008

Geeze!

So I got home from my trip last night and went right to bed. I was tired. When I got up this morning I decided that I'd get the house cleaned up - boys aren't really good at that - and then saw how crazy out of control things had really gotten over the last month. First let me say that I am a firm believer in chores. When you assign a chore you CANNOT go back and re-do it or you'll be in trouble when it comes time for future chores to be done. The children have been assigned a variety of tasks to do to help with the house as well as keep them from getting into trouble because they're bored. I have been biting my tongue when I've seen cereal still on the floor after a sweeping or toothpaste on the bathroom sink after it was cleaned. I've tried to tell them kindly that they need to go back and complete the job they thought they had done but you can only make a kid sweep the same spot 6 or 7 times before you have a mutiny on your hands. Well, today I'm paying for my teaching moments because I have to go back and re-scrub everything that has been "cleaned" by the kids over the last several weeks.
To top it off, I walked into the "dorm room" (that's what we called the room the boys were all sleeping in) and found a large garbage bag stuffed full. Holy cow, they must have been really trying to clean in here, I thought. Never mind the fact that there were little bits of paper, plastic, wrappers, etc all over the floor. Upon closer inspection it was discovered that the boys had left all of their dirty laundry here. Now I get to wash 10 loads instead of my usual 8 and then find a way to get it down to Utah...let's just hope that I can get it down there quickly so that Raistlin won't have to wear the same pair of underwear for 4 days in a row again. Gross.

1 comment:

Alanya/Ally said...

Awesome! I so do not envy your job right now. Call if you need anything... Hey, by the way... do you happen to talk to Amy Prather still?
Ally Wyne