I rarely get to go out with "the girls" but today I was able to get a babysitter (Jeff's still gone) so that I could interact with other adults. Yesterday was the Other Amy's birthday. I got a phone call from Mandy asking me if I wanted to meet at the Red Robin for a surprise birthday lunch today along with a couple of other friends. I whooped and hollered and then contained my enthusiasm long enough to confirm that, come heck or high water, I'd be there! I got up this morning and showered and even put on some MAKE UP and finished getting ready to go. I was ready at 10:03 but wasn't supposed to meet with the girls until 11:30....hmmm. So we picked up the house, rinsed some dishes, watched a little Sponge Bob and tried to occupy ourselves until it was time for a) me to go get the babysitter (Nicole is the kids' favorite) and b) me to have an actual adult conversation without ANY interruption from children! Wahooo!
Lunch was fun - we chatted, laughed and had a great time. I appreciate being able to "re-charge" my batteries so that I could come home and be a nicer mommy this afternoon as well as being able to spend time with people that I really enjoy being around.
(Okay, so I totally stole this picture from the Other Amy's blog...what can I say? I wanted proof that I didn't go into some delusional state and imagine I had a few minutes of "me time" today.)
Dinner tonight was an interesting and entertaining experience. We all sat down and blessed the food and then started to eat. Emma finished first and so went upstairs to take her shower. Abbey and Ian finished at about the same time - Abbey went to the bathroom to wash her hands (and to flood it AGAIN!) and Ian stayed at the table to drink his water. He's discovered how to gargle. He went through about 1/2 of his glass before he decided that he'd had enough. There's now a puddle of water on my kitchen table (as well as my bathroom floor) but at least his tonsils are squeaky clean!!!
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

3 comments:
Girl time is the BEST!!!
I emailed you the picture full sized silly! I am so glad you enjoyed yourself as much as I did. You looked smashing, darling!
Amy, I expect that you call me next time! :) Has Ian tried blowing bubbles in the milk yet? That is Sammy's (& Ashley's) favorite thing to do to get into trouble! They do it till it's everywhere. Why is it that kids don't have a filter for that? "Hello, it's all over the table... maybe I should stop."
Post a Comment