Today Abbey was in my room watching cartoons - I thought she was sick and so let her snuggle in the covers and watch as much Dora and Backyardigans as she wanted. I went in to check on her and this is what I found...
She had crawled into one of my pillows and when I asked her what she was doing she said, "I'm a mermaid!" She was very proud of herself and her new fins. She's even requested that I make a mermaid cake for her birthday next week. (I'm still figuring out how to do that one.)
Then Jeff came downstairs and told me he'd found that Abbey had been playing in the bathroom and he was going to bring down the "evidence" to me so that I could fix it.
It's a roll of toilet paper minus the little cardboard tube, in case you couldn't tell. Apparently she had quite a bit of fun unrolling a brand new tube and seeing how big she could make the pile on the floor.
As the day has progressed I'm realizing that she's not nearly so sick as she made herself out to be. I think she's learned the art of "convenient illnesses." Maybe she learned it from Emma? Who knows. Tomorrow's another day and I don't think Dora will be camping out in my bedroom again for awhile.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

1 comment:
That is one heck of a spit fire you are raising, still cute as can be no matter how much trouble she is causing you. Thanks for the laugh it makes me forget about my precious four year old who lately has some horns popping out of her head.
Post a Comment