I did it. I fell into the Twilight trap. I bought my tickets a week and a half ago and then showed up to the theater an hour early. I'd even spent the last week doing research in preparation for the big event! (I re-read all of four books) There was a fourteen year old girl from our church who really wanted to go but her mom really did NOT want to go. So I was commissioned to take her daughter to the movie with me. No biggie - I like Nichole. We got to the theater and the line was longer than the Great Mississippi River so we decided that we'd get some popcorn and see how much of the Jumbo Tub we could eat before we made it into our seats.
I have to admit, I was a little disappointed in the movie. You see, I created a sort of mental image of what the characters and different scenes looked like in my brain and the movie so did not match up. Then I realized that things I conjure up in my brain rarely match up with reality. Or movies. Or someone else's imagination. But, for a chick flick it turned out pretty okay and I can at least say that I didn't hate it. Will I buy it when it comes out? Yes. Will I pay to go see it in the theater again? MMMM..... probably not. Okay, maybe. If someone else paid. Or if they really wanted to go - 'cause I'm a sucker for movie popcorn. 
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

3 comments:
I can't wait to see it, unfortunately with thanksgiving and a baptism the following week who knows when that will be.
I am going tonight with my friend Jennifer. I am super excited, mainly because Steve is home and I can go the the 9:30 show and not feel guilty about a babysitter (grandma) staying late. I have certain images too, but being a huge Harry fan, I got over it. Good news...the guy playing Edward was in Harry Potter 4 movie!! Loved him then.
I hated the movie... and I won't buy it... LOL - not at all what I imagined or thought
Post a Comment