Tuesday, November 4, 2008

New Addition To The Wixom Zoo

Yep, there's a new addition within the zoo. The zoo keeper and I have decided that the chimps are getting restless (and so are we) and that they needed a little recreation - especially since the weather is getting a little colder and we can't unlock the cages as often as we could during the summer months. I decided what I wanted to get and then went to Craig's List to see if I could save some coin by purchasing it from someone there. I love Craig's list, by the way. I've been able to get some wonderful finds by using it.
Anyway... I found what I was looking for AND at the price I wanted - whoopee! Unfortunately I was not able to use this wonderful item because I wrenched my back trying to carry it into the house. Ready to see what it is? Drumroll, please...






















Ta-da! Kind of ironic, don't you think, that I can't use it now that I have it? I had to take the benches out of the mini-van so that we could get it home and then drive ALL the way out into the middle of No-Where-Idaho to get it. We got to the lady's house and she kindly held open the door so that we could carry it out. I forgot to "lift with my legs". Wrestling it out of the car was interesting - also banging into every corner we came across as we carried it into the house. Poor Jenny, she couldn't move for awhile yesterday afternoon. I couldn't either, come to think of it. But I'm looking at it fondly just imagining all of the places I can go (in my imagination) as I pedal along. Maybe I'll pedal across the country to visit all of my Blogging friends - that'd be fun. I'll just make sure that all of the monkeys are strapped to my back and we'll all go for a ride. Are your bathrooms clean? We're planning on leaving this afternoon!

No comments: