Monday, November 24, 2008

Oh Man!

Don't you hate it when you totally under estimate your child's whining? I should have guessed at the pizza place earlier tonight when Abbey said her tummy was done eating after the first 1/2 piece of Hawaiian scrum-diddly-umptious-ness. Silly me, I thought she just wanted to trot herself over to the arcade games for some Pac Man one on one time. I guess I could have taken the hint when she lifted her shirt up in Wal-Mart an hour later and moaned that her tummy didn't feel good. And then had to go to the bathroom all of a sudden. Can I help it if she's called "wolf" every other time we've passed a public restroom in the past 6 months? She even sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, loudly, while taking care of business!
We got home and she, again, told me that her belly hurt. It also happened to be right after I declared that it was time to put PJ's on and brush teeth in preparation for bedtime. Do you see how I could have been mistaken? Do you understand why I didn't see the warning signs? Yep, she crawled into my lap for some Momma Cuddle Time and as I was rubbing her back and rocking her she proceeded to hurl all over me. Yum. Nothing like that warm, slimy feeling to round out your day. All I could do was put my hands out and try to catch as much as I could to keep it from hitting the carpet...I failed, by the way. You other moms have to admit, though, that when one of your little ones is sick you kind of put your gag reflex on hold while you plug your nose so that the poor kid doesn't feel even worse. So not only were my hands covered in slimy goo, but it was also all over my pants, her pajamas and the carpet too. Good thing we had lots of Resolve Carpet Cleaner stuff and imitation Lysol to help disinfect the nastiness. Kudos, by the way, to the husband who cleaned up the mess while I said "eww!" and tried not to spread the grossness too far. He's awesome. You know it's true love when he starts helping instead of finding a convenient excuse to leave the room.
Not to worry - no more hurling going on tonight. I think next time we'll go for PB&J sandwiches, though.

2 comments:

Amy Bahnmiller said...

Flu Bug is going around - Natalie Carey had it last night and this morning... danged church!

Hiller Family said...

Avery had the flu last week, no fun! Hope everyone will recover quickly for thanksgiving.