Wednesday, November 5, 2008

CANNON BALL!!!

We have a new chore chart in our house. The kids have daily chores that get checked off when they're completed. It looks like this:


Yesterday Ian and Abbey were supposed to be cleaning their room, but I think they were playing instead. (What kid REALLY cleans their room as soon as they're asked?)Anyway, I was downstairs doing something and all of a sudden I hear Abbey yell, "CANNON BALL!!!" and then a loud crash followed by an ear piercing scream. I ran upstairs praying that I wouldn't find blood or any of her limbs distorted into funky angles. When I got there she was holding her eye and Ian was pointing to her and saying, "She jumped and got hurt." Ya think??? After much persuasion and coaxing I finally got the story. It seems that Abbey wants to be the next Wonder Woman and thought that if she jumped off of the top bunk bed she'd be able to fly. Keep in mind that she's turning 4 in a couple of weeks and weighs MAYBE 35 pounds. She jumped off without checking to make sure that her target landing area was clear first and so landed on a very solid, very hard wooden baby cradle. She was holding her eye because that's where she hit. I pried her hand away from her eye hoping that the squishy orb wouldn't still be cupped in her little fist. Thankfully, we do not need to go shopping for a new glass eye. Whoopee! Actually she just bruised the bone right under her eye and will have a beautiful, and hopefully colorful, bruise for a couple of days. I'm also glad that she's learned that you can't really fly unless, of course, you have the special bracelets, star panties and maybe even a cape too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I always attempt to do chore charts, but never follow through. I need to.

That Wonder Woman picture ... wow! What a bod she had.

Hiller Family said...

Kids are such characters, that was a great story!