Lots of stories about the youngest monkey lately - sorry for that. She's in that stage of her life right now. The crazy stage. Anyway, we were getting ready to head out to pre-school yesterday and I was putting my socks on. First, I need to back track a little bit. For halloween Grandma W. gave the kids funky straws with little pumpkins on them. They're the kind of straws that the kids can blow into and it makes a whistling noise. Okay, back to yesterday...
So she's in my room one minute annoying me with the stupid high pitched whistle (thanks, Grandma) and then she disappeared into the bathroom. I naively assumed that she was going in there to "take care of business" before pre-school started. I had just slipped my left shoe on when she comes back into my room and says, "Ahhh. Good drink!" I gave her the look and asked where she'd gotten the drink from. (She can't reach the cupboard with the cups in it yet.) She innocently said, with great satisfaction, "From the toilet!" I tried really hard not to throw up in my mouth a little bit as I started explaining to her that it was not the best place for her to satisfy her thirst. She wanted to know why and then I gave it to her straight. "Because there might be poopies or pee pee in there! Do you want to drink that yucky stuff?" Her smile slowly faded as comprehension dawned and I thought that I'd finally gotten through to her. Then she smiled again and told me that there weren't any "poopies" in there when she got her drink. Well, that makes me feel better...
P.S. I know, this isn't the first time that a straw has been mis-used in our home by Abbey. She could've been a puppy in a former life, she likes to drink out of the toilet so much! *yuck*
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

2 comments:
That's a great story were talking top five for me, heehaw. Kids do the weirdest things; Avery likes to use dirty socks on her hands to make puppets with. I told her to use clean ones but she said "they aren’t' the same". What can I say I have a GROSS one also?
EWWW! SOmeday she is going to be so embarassed! Let's hope. SHe get out of "THAT" stage soon. And it does help if she is going to Preschool and getting boundaries there. Just keep in the fight!
Post a Comment