Monday, August 4, 2008

"Sorry Bunny"

Poor Bunny. He had to be taken away by the garbage collector today. You see, we have - I mean HAD - a big stuffed bunny chair. (I forgot to take a picture of it before it was taken off - imagine a bunny that is kind of cream colored and you sit in it's lap with the nose hitting the back of your head) We've had this chair for several years. I think Jeff's sister, Mindy, gave it to Emma when she was a toddler and it's just been passed down from one kid to the next. It's been in Abbey's room for a couple of months now and I think she was getting bored with bunny's look. Last week she got Emma's strawberry flavored toothpaste (which happens to be red) and poured it all over the top of bunny's head and then smeared it in. She wanted him to have red hair like she does. Last night I went into her room to put her back in bed -she'd gotten up to play with Ian - and she had found the sunscreen that we'd taken camping with us. She had rubbed it all over bunny's face and head and then had put a pair of sunglasses on bunny's nose. I guess she thought that bunny's semi-albino face was in danger of getting sunburned. She sure is thoughtful but I think bunny has seen his fill of days at our home. At least he won't get burned while living in luxury at the dump.

No comments: