Friday, August 15, 2008

I'm Draggin' My Feet This Morning...

But it's not entirely my fault! (Okay, so maybe it's KIND OF my fault) For the past several nights I've been asked to wake one of the little people of my family up so that they can use the facility in order to avoid an embarassing moment when they wake up in the morning. Because of this I need to stay up until midnight so that I can fulfill my obligation. In order to keep myself awake I've taken up to watching the Olympics. Did you know that they show the best parts of the games close to the bewitching hour? Don't ask me why, maybe they want the working class to get to work looking like they've got a hangover so that they can tell everyone why they have dark circles under their eyes. Who knows. All I know is that these are the reasons why the Olympics are so much fun to watch this year:



Yep, that's Michael Phelps. He ROCKS! Okay, okay, so does the rest of the American swimming team. I'm not sure why but I love to watch the swimming competition this year. I find myself cheering for them as they get close to the finish line, urging all of the super powers I possess through the TV so that they can get there first. This is the other reason why I'v loved the Olympics this year:



Women's gynastics. Those chics are so awesome! Can you even imagine how strong those girls have to be in order to leap, flip and spin like they do? I'll admit it, when I was little I used to imagine myself as the next Mary Lou Rhetton. I would dance around the house practicing my floor routine, I'd do sommersaults and I'd practice how I'd do my landings. I was AWESOME! Too bad for me, though, because my dreams of Olympic gold remained in my head. If you want to know the truth, I still practice my landings every 4 years when the Olympics roll around again...

P.S. 31 days and counting. Ha ha! I'm not going to tell you what it's for though! Okay, MAYBE one day I'll tell you what it's all about. If you guess, I'll tell you for sure, though.

2 comments:

Hiller Family said...

I have been staying up watching the olympics also. It hasn't turned out to be much fun with my son in school. School is still a bummer sometimes even as a mom.

Unknown said...

I remember my sister begging my folks to let her take gymnastics for exactly the same reason! Too bad she was busty by the time she was in 5th grade...We used to dare each other to use the back of the couch as our balance beam.

Clint is totally into the synchronized diving. It's hilarious to watch him critique. Also, he says Phelps looks like a turtle. If you see him from the side he really does...