Friday, August 22, 2008

Ian's Day

So I was waiting at the bus stop yesterday afternoon (the bus was 20 minutes late, by the way) so that I could walk Ian and Emma home after school. The bus finally pulled up and so I asked Ian how his first "real" day of kindergarten went.
Ian: It was TERRIBLE!
Me: (sounding very concerned) Why? What happened?
Ian: *sigh* Well, the teacher laid down on the ground and fell. a. sleep.
Me: She did?
Ian: (sounding pleased with himself) Yep.
Me: Then what happened?
Ian: All of the other kids lined up and started smacking me in the face! But the playground was AWESOME!!!
Me: Wait a minute! Do I need to call the principal and tell him that your teacher needs to get in trouble for taking a nap in the middle of school?
Ian: Uhhh....nooo. You know, mom, I'm just kiddin' with ya.
Me: I thought so.

Then I woke up with a sore back - apparently 20 minutes waiting for the bus is plenty of time for a redhead to get a pretty wicked sunburn. Dang it!

3 comments:

Hiller Family said...

Where do kids come up with this stuff? It's nice to know when you call them on it they will than be truthful. I can't believe you have two kids in school, how's Abbey handling the major change?

Linda Gibbs said...

He is so funny! He must keep you hoppin!

Joella Kingsbury said...

This is funny!! He is really creative!