Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Abbey The Destroyer Strikes Again...


First of all, I KNOW this isn't a recent picture of her, but I wanted to put something up that reminded me of what a sweet girl my little Abbey can be. When actually, she was on a rampage today. She was both combative AND destructive for most of the day. If she wasn't screaming at her brother or scratching her sister she was finding things to destroy. In all fairness, I don't think that she was doing it to be mean, maybe she was just bored. I think she felt a little left out today too. Ian and Emma both got to go to friends' houses today and Abbey had to be left at home because there just aren't any little girls her age in our neighborhood. She was watching a movie in my room and started out cuddling under the covers. I went in to check on her 20 minutes later and she was standing on my bed with the lamp shade in her hand. She had to unscrew the top thingy off in order to get the shade off! A few minutes later I heard splashing in the bathroom and found her putting toilet water into my little trash can and then dumping it back into the toilet (luckily I'd emptied it yesterday and there wasn't anything in it yet). Then she came out of my room wearing my newly ironed shirt a couple of minutes after that. I banished her from my room and suggested that she go upstairs to the family room instead. Emma came downstairs a few minutes later with a VHS tape in her hands that had the tape part pulled out. Geeze! I got that put back together and two seconds later she and Ian were in a screaming match. After I broke that up I found her with a novel of mine in one hand and a pink crayon in the other. Needless to say, the child knows what the paint on our walls smells like because she's been putting her nose on it quite a bit today for time-outs.

Lucky me, though! I get to fly to Utah tomorrow morning for an extended girls weekend and JEFF gets to try to tame the crazy Tazmanian Devil for awhile. I've already got my bags packed.

P.S. Please, please tell me you've had moments like these...I need to know that my little Abbey is MOSTLY normal.

4 comments:

Linda Gibbs said...

Yep! Normal. Usually a reason when they act like that. Just go look at her when she sleeps. it helps. Remember, I have 2 taz devils 7 weeks apart! I know those days!!! Kindergarten countdown has started!!!! 13 days!! Come on! We'll do a dance together!

Hiller Family said...

It sounds pretty normal for the age. I can't wait for Avery to start preschool, she has been acting out a lot out of boredom. Enjoy your SWEET vacation, you deserve it!!!!!

Amy Bahnmiller said...

Have fun - be safe - don't do anything I wouldn't do... which probably isn't much!

:)

Crystal said...

Sorry to say, but I wonder what crap you put your poor mother through to deserve this kind of payback! Just kidding! So I guess I'm not included in you Utah girls weekend?!