Friday, August 29, 2008

I Might As Well Get A Cow


Eight. Eight gallons of milk in TWO WEEKS!!! Holy crap! We've gone through as much milk in two weeks as what we normally go through in a MONTH. So I went to Costco last night, after I canned a bajillion quarts of peaches, and bought 6 more gallons. We've also started a new rule - milk only at breakfast time and only in your cereal OR a glass of milk (not both). I know, it's rash and maybe a little stingey but I have to do SOMETHING. By the time the kids have osteoperosis (is that how you spell it?) I'll be long gone and they won't remember how I had turned into the Milk Nazi that one summer when their cousins came to hang out with us for a month.

In other news, we had to get Abbey's hair cut again yesterday. She was starting to resemble a sheep dog. I figured that if I couldn't see her eyes she couldn't see much either. So we went to the hair salon and the lady cut her hair - she looks kind of boyish, a little like Peter Pan actually, but we'll put lots of curls and barrettes in it and make sure she wears pink for awhile.

2 comments:

Hiller Family said...

That is a lot of milk. I remember my brothers eating anything and everything, my mom said she lived at the grocery store! Good luck with trying to slow them down a bit.

Linda Gibbs said...

I have a cousin, that when he was growing and the bottomless pit, his cereal bowl was a serving bowl. Like what the mashed potatoes are served in. The food that 1 boy could put away! My aunt was truly grateful she had only 1 boy and he was the youngest. Don't feel bad about being the milk Nazi. I bet your mother in law has some stories (and ideas) from having all of those boys.