Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Day of School: Emma Edition


So, we're going to have 2 posts today - just thought I'd forwarn you. Emma's first day of school picture is first and then we'll do Ian's later this afternoon when he's ready to leave.
Emma's starting the 3rd grade this year and has been really excited to go! She's had her outfit for today laid out by her bedroom door for the last two days with her backpack loaded and sitting right next to them. She got up at 6:30 this morning and was dressed and ready to go by 6:42. I think she forgot that I'm taking her for her first day and that we don't need to leave until 8. Now she's bored and trying to find things to do to fill her time. She's got her backpack and her jacket on and is pacing in front of the door. I don't think she's excited at all...yeah, right.

3 comments:

Hiller Family said...

Third grade, awwwwww they are growing up so fast. I constantly ask my kids if they could please slow down. Tell Emma good luck on her first day.

Wonders said...

Okay so I LOVE THAT SHIRT. It is adorable. I can't believe Emma's in the third grade, where have I been? I remember when I was in the third grade, I felt so grown up! Actually that was the year I broke my wrist playing soccer...it just doesn't seem like it was THAT long ago! Crazy how time flies.

Ellen said...

Look at how freaking cute Emma is!! Third grade all ready. That's awesome! Good luck Emma!