First of all, I want to offer my most sincere apologies. I'm so sorry that I didn't get the chance to come and visit pretty much everyone that I love in Utah while I was there. Kris, my funnest and best friend, flew me down to Salt Lake for her birthday. We went up to Park City and stayed in the Mariott Resort. As those of you who live in the valley know, they closed I-80 Saturday afternoon and didn't reopen it until late this afternoon. We had to take a LONG detour and barely made it back to SLC so that I could get to the airport to make my flight home. Actually, I shouldn't have worried so much because my flight didn't take off until it was supposed to LAND in Boise. *sigh* I just love Southwest Airlines...
Anyway! Park City is actually a really fun place to hang out for a couple of days. We went and got our nails done, shopped, saw Mama Mia (so good), ate at some great restaurants, tried out the Alpine slides and even went down a zip line. That one was actually my favorite. We rode the ski lift 3/4 of the way up the mountain and then they strap you into a harness and give you a shove. I flew down the mountain at 40mph and then hit the bottom. I screamed pretty loud for the first half and then laughed for the other half. Just before I hit the platform I screamed some more. I would SO do it again! The only down side to that day was that we'd forgotten that when you're at a higher altitude you get sunburned more quickly. It hurt to touch my nose. And my neck. AND my forhead.
The flight home was interesting. I was one of the first people on the plane (yay) so I got to choose where I wanted to sit. I decided that I wanted to sit as close to the front of the plane as I could so that I could get off as soon as possible. I sat on the front row - whoopee for me! There was this sweet little old lady already perched on her chair and so we became friends. Her name is Elaine and she's 93 years old. She was coming to Boise to visit her daughter - she has five daughters. She asked me how many kids I had - 3 times. I think she has hard time with her memory. I tried to be creative with my answers when she asked me questions. She also showed me what was in her purse and all of the usefull hits and information she'd found while reading the free magazine that was in the pocket in front of us. We finally landed and I told Elaine to have a nice visit with her family and she told me she sure would.
I had a lot of fun this weekend. I laughed. A lot. I slept in when I could and I played with my best friend. Most importantly, though, I recharged my batteries so that I can be a better mom and wife. I'm ready for the next couple of days - Jeff's going out of town tomorrow morning and my 3 wonderful nephews are coming tomorrow night to spend the next month with us. Thanks, Kris and Darrin - you rock! Love you both.
Here are some pictures of the room we stayed in and our sunburns. They hurt a lot.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago




3 comments:
I'm glad you had fun and were able to recharge.
See you soon!
What a nice weekend. I'm glad you got some much needed rest. Hopefully next time me, you, and Kris could do lunch. Good luck with the rest of the week, it sounds like you are going to be BUSY!
I love girls weekends...i live in Utah but not northern!!! :)
I am so glad that you had a good time...I love that zip line and the alpine slides...we use to go there at least a couple of times in the summer when we lived closer!
I'm jealous of you being able to be JUSt WITH THE GIRLS we need that sometimmes! :)
Wow...nephews for a month..you are a strong women! lol
Post a Comment