Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fun at the Fruit Ranch


Today we went for a 15 mile drive out to Robinson Fruit Ranch. Emma and Ian had left for school so it was just me, the 3 boys and Abbey. It's fun to listen to my nephews talk about what they see as we drive through the country-side and look at the farm fields. They're always asking what the different crops are, what the funny smells might be (as we drive by a dairy farm or the sugar factory, yuck) and they giggle as they read some of the road signs. One that had them laughing pretty hard today was Chicken Dinner Road. Yep, someone went to KFC one night and decided that his dinner was so great he'd like to name his street after it. Can you imagine, "Hello local businessman. Yes, you can have my address - it's 3125 Chicken Dinner Road." I'd love to write that on my envelopes or get address labels made. Maybe I'd have a picture of a little chicken up in the corner...that'd be great.



Anyway, we finally got to the fruit ranch and went straight to the table with the peaches on it. $6 for 22 pounds of peaches, YESsssss! (Did you hear my Napoleon Dynamite impression?) So tomorrow I'm going to can peaches. Yee-haw, here we go again. Sticky floors and a tired mommy. At least my house will smell like yummy peaches, right?

2 comments:

Hiller Family said...

That sounds so wonderful. I did a million hours of canning. We have enough left that I am skipping this year. But the sound of fresh peaches and the smell ohhhh I'm jealous.

Linda Gibbs said...

How is the canning going? If I was closer, I would snatch some of those up and we'd be having a PARTY!! Meg love peaches, and goes thru them fast! And peach is Steve's favorite jam.