Saturday, June 14, 2008

There are nasty little creatures in this world and sometimes their owners let them out of their cages with little or no supervision. They don't realize what they've done until the police are on their doorsteps demanding some answers for their lack of forsight.
Let me explain by starting at the beginning of the story. Our 9th anniversary was this week but Jeff was out of town so we decided that we'd celebrate when he got back into town last night. I had it all planned! We went downtown to a new Italian place for dinner and then we were going to go to see The Incredible Hulk afterwards. (Aren't I a good wife??? I didn't even make him go to a chic flick! Amazing.) We got to the theater early, got some treats and then went to find some seats. We were in luck! We were early enough that we got to choose the best seats in the place! Woo-hoo! We sat back and waited for the lights to dim signaling that the movie was about to begin. When the lights finally went down people were still trickling into the theater trying to find seats together. A group of 4 or 5 young adults came in and sat 2 rows behind us. They were pretty boysterous, using some pretty foul language and being VERY loud during the previews - I think they were trying to impress a girl they had come in with. Anyway, people were shushing them and asking them to stop with the bad words and the stupid kids would tell them where they could put their shushing. This went on for about 30-45 minutes into the movie when, finally, a gentlemen directly behind us turned around and loudly said, "Look! We all paid to see a movie and we can't because you won't shut up. I'm not going to tell you again - knock it off!" Well, we all know that a boy of about 20 isn't going to take that lying down (especially if his new girlfriend is sitting right next to him). Things got louder and louder - I missed the romantic scene in the movie, darn it! Punches were thrown, someone's glasses got thrown down to the front of the theater, the little girl who was the usher came charging in with her flashlight drawn. Ooh, this is getting serious, I thought. I have to give the little usher some credit, she was pretty tough with them. She ordered them out of the theater, called security when they started punching the guy in front of them again, and finally they left. We all cheered. The movie was stopped by now and we all sat there wondering if we were going to be able to finish the movie or if we'd have to walk out early. A manager appeared at the bottom of the auditorium and announced that we all got free passes to come back again and that the movie would start up again soon. Yep, hormonal young men shouldn't be let out of their cages unless there's someone supervising who can shoot a tranquilizer gun at them if they can't behave themselves. (I'll have to remember that one for future reference.)

3 comments:

Hiller Family said...

Wow! That is an anniversary you wont soon forget. And even better a free movie.

Linda Gibbs said...

Good Grief! What a mess! Free movie is great, though! That means another date! We know how precious THOSE are.

Candid Carrie said...

In the beginning you mentioned people letting critters out of their cages and I was waiting for, I don't know, like a lizard to start running through the theatre. I had no idea that a real live human jerk was going to be on the loose! Nice job to the little usher girl. Good call ;)