I love to hear my children pray. It's fun for me to watch them mature and learn as they grow and hear how their little prayers at night change. We've tried to teach our kids that they can have a personal relationship with their Heavenly Father if they want to and that they can talk to him through prayer. Ian has REALLY taken this to heart. He's always been my one child who talks to the Lord as if he's sitting right next to him and is his friend. Last night I knelt down with Ian and closed my eyes as I waited for him to begin. I could tell that something was on his mind from the very beginning because he did a big sigh and then started..."Dear Heavenly Father, I'm thankful for this day and please bless Daddy on the airplane that he'll be safe. And...well...I don't want to tell you something, but I guess I will. I have to whisper it to you though. *quiet, unintelligible whispering*. Okay." and then he closed his prayer. What was that all about?? Is it time for me to leave him alone while he prays? I'm not sure. He gets upset with me if I leave the room during prayer time so I think I'll just let him whisper when he has something he doesn't want me to hear. I can't help wonering, though, what he's saying that's so important he has to whisper it...
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

1 comment:
I love 5 year olds saying their prayers! Tonight, 7-2-2008, Grace was saying her prayers, and she started blessing everyone she knew.Ater that, She blessed our dog, and then Heavenly Father, Jesus, the Baptist, and the Holy Ghost. I am asuming she meant John the Baptist, but if not, she blessed a WHOLE LOT of people!!
Post a Comment