Thursday, June 26, 2008

Better luck next time.


It didn't work. The Nyquil didn't work either so I'm starting to wonder if it's the entire Vick's family that has problems. (Because it CAN'T be me!) I'm starting to get really aggrivated because I'm going on 4 nights with little to no sleep and my kids are feeling it. I googled cough remedies and this is what it said:

Dry coughs can be caused by allergies to irritants like dust, smoke, pollen, mold, freshly cut grass, pets and certain plants, cleaning agents, room deodorizers and chemical fumes. Since dry coughs have no purpose (ie: expectorating mucous or phlegm) and they cause needless irritation in the chest and throat it is beneficial to suppress a dry cough.

I like how it said that dry coughs have no purpose. WHY did the Lord invent coughs if there was no purpose?!?!? Needless sleep deprivation. Maybe it's so that mommies like me can learn patience even when we're tired and hormonal? Hmmm... that's something to think about.

It also says that some natural cough remidies are ipecacuanha, spongia tosta, rumex and sambucus nigra.

Spongia tosta??? Do I need to get a sponge and put it on toast? Weird. I could buy something called ComfiCoff for the low low price of $39.95! Whoopee - sign me up. Really, if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears. It's a good thing that I've been watching my friends kids because they've been entertaining my own for a couple of days. It's forcing me to actually shower and get dressed instead of staying in my bed all day and letting the kids have the run of the house. Don't tell me you haven't had days like that...PLEASE tell me you've had days like that?

1 comment:

Hiller Family said...

Sorry that your home remedy didn't work that bites! Don't worry every mom has the annual stay in bed day, and it sounds like your deserving yours about now.