Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Free Movies


The local Edward's theater does free movies for the summer. It's on a first come, first served basis so you have to make sure that you get there before the theater fills up. Today was the first day of free movies and they were showing Shrek the Third. We've seen this movie. I asked the kids if they still wanted to go and see it and they got upset that I would even suggest that we not go! Didn't I KNOW that it's different when you're sitting in a dark auditorium with five kajillion other noisy and excited kids watching a movie?!?!? Duh! So we put gummy bears into baggies and shoved them into my purse and headed out. We got there 15 minutes early and, luckily, got into the theater and even found seats together. Woo-hoo! It wasn't the best movie experience of my life but the building has air conditioning and the kids got to be out of the house for a couple of hours. Now I've just got to figure out what to do with them for the other 3 days of the week... any suggestions??? (Bored kids are a sure recipe for disaster!)

1 comment:

Hiller Family said...

Free Movies, that's awesome! I'm wondering what I can do to fill up some of their blessed free time.