Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Crispy Critters & The Sleep-Over Blues

Not a good combination. Yesterday the kids got the inflatable pool up and filled so they played and played and played. Emma's the only one who forgot sunblock - poor schmuck. She's awfully burned today. Every time I tried to get her to put some on yesterday she'd poo-poo it and tell me that she was fine. Fine. I decided that I'd let her get nice and red and have to deal with a good burn for a few days and maybe learn her lesson. She was pretty sore this morning when she woke up. Half of me wanted me to rub it in her face and say, "Nanny nanny boo boo! See, I was RIGHT!!! Mom's actually DO know what they're talking about sometimes, huh?" But then the responsible and compassionate mother in me went into the closet and got the Aloe Vera and started to rub it on. Today we've lathered her up and hopefully she won't get so crunchy today. Ya gotta watch your hide when you're a redhead.
Emma has a friend from school that she has a love/hate relationship with. You know the one, she cries and cries that she NEVER gets to play with her but when they get together they fight and cry the entire time. Why I don't remember this when Emma asks if this friend can come over for a sleep-over, I'll never know. I get selective amnesia, I guess. Anyway, we went and picked her up around 7:30 last night and within a half hour they had had their first fight. Geesh! I sat them both down and told them that they'd better learn how to get along with each other fast because I wasn't afraid of taking said friend home in the middle of the night. (Besides that, they were fighting right in the middle of the good part of the "Bachelorette"!) More fighting this morning, during lunch, after lunch and her mom doesn't get home until 7:00 tonight. *I feel a headache coming on*

2 comments:

Hiller Family said...

Cute Picture! Don't you just love little girls. I couldn't relate because Carsten never acted that way, Avery on the other hand has given me a whole new way of looking at friends:)... Some days I wonder if playdates are worth it.

Linda Gibbs said...

Breathe! In, now out! Relax, then when the Mommy comes to get said friend, say how wonderful it was and offer to have Emma go to their house very soon!
Is that evil? Sorry, I have two the same age. That can come out once in a while. Forgive me.