Usually we have quiet time right after lunch. It used to be called "nap time" but that's now a dirty word at our house. If I even mention the "n" word I get dirty looks and then a tirade of endless whining. Today we drove to Mountain Home to pick up Emma. She'd spent a couple of days with her cousin in Burley and we were meeting them half way to pick her up. We ate lunch at the golden arches and then came home. I promptly sent kids up to their rooms for quiet time. I've learned that this time of the day is mostly for me. It's a time that I take to either recover from the morning insanity or ramp up for the afternoon craziness.
Today the kids went to their rooms and I settled in for some much needed stillness. After about an hour I realized that it was REALLY quiet so I went to investigate and this is what I found.
She was OUT! Now the tricky part...how long to let her sleep so that it's balanced just right? If I let her sleep too much she'll be up for half the night but if I wake her up too early she'll be a bear for the rest of the afternoon. Hmmm. I think I'll take my chances and just let her sleep.
Next I went to check on Abbey. Doesn't she look sweet? She looks so peacefull and I wonder how I ever called her Abbey the destroyer. (Yes, that's a piece of a plastic bag stuck to her cheek.)
And then as I turn to leave the room after checking on her I see this. That's when I remember why she has the nickname that she does.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

1 comment:
I love quiet time! Especially when it ends like that.. Well enjoy your afternoon because it probably doesn't happen very often.
Post a Comment