Eric and Carolyn were with us the other night and took this picture while we were reading - sneaky Eric!
So, every year on our anniversary Jeff and I sit down and discuss how we've done over the past year and goals that we want/need to work on for the next year. Last year one of our goals was to create a habit of reading our scriptures with our kids and having family prayer every night. I have to admit, it was rough at first. The kids were antsy and hard to get to sit still - sometimes it was all we could do to read just one verse!!! Now we're doing great! The kids actually get after us if we get busy and forget. Abbey reads a book quietly while we read and Emma follows along in her own set of scriptures. Ian usually sits on Jeff's lap (when he's in town).
Our goal for this year is to have Family Home Evening every week and to get more organized in our days. We're tired of having unlimited free time and want the kids to get a sense of order and structure. I've made a schedule for the kids for the summer and we're going to tell them about it tonight for FHE. We'll see how we do with this one!
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

3 comments:
What an accomplishment! Darrin and I were working on those goals also, but since he is working a million hours I haven't had the patients to keep going without him. I wish you and your family the best of luck with you new goals.
Awesome goals Amy! Best of luck to you! The Wixom family is the best! We miss you guys.
Good job! Great goals!
Post a Comment