Okay, today is the first day that we're putting the new summer schedule to work. Right now I have a few minutes to myself because the kids are in their rooms for "quiet time". (Never mind the fact that Abbey is howling like a hyena - at least she's confined to her room and the door's closed.) Amazingly, the kids all slept in until about 8:30 and so we had free time until about 10. That's when the trouble started. Ten o'clock is designated as time spent doing chores. They're simple, really. Ian and Abbey have to clean their rooms and make their beds. Emma has a few more chores added on to that but not much. Ian's room still isn't clean. Abbey's bed isn't made and I think I hear toys marching out of their bins as we speak. Hmmmm. Maybe I don't need to re-fill the pool after all. You see, they don't get to have any more free time until chores are completed. Call me the chore Nazi if you want to, I don't mind. I'm sure that I've earned some pretty thrilling names that have been muttered under my kid's breaths over the last couple of days anyway.
School time went well too. It's only about 45 minutes long so that the kids don't protest too loudly but so that their brains don't atrophy over the summer break. They did pretty well today but we'll see how things are shaping up after we've been doing this new gig for more than 24 hours. Any suggestions on how to improve? I'd love to hear from you if you do!!!
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

2 comments:
5 years! Heavens! I can remember coming over the first day Ian came home from the hospital and holding him. He was the strongest newborn I have ever held. What a stud! We love you buddy!
I'm Amanda's sister and she sent me over here. I'm a chore Nazi as well, so she thought you'd like to see our summer schedule. Here it is (I have a 6 & 5 yr old and a 10 month old):
7:30-8: breakfast, make beds, get dressed
8-9am: bike ride/walk/jog
9-9:30: while I shower, they play/watch cartoons
9:30: Reading. Scripture study then storybooks. They are both doing a summer reading log, so after they read, they have to write what they read and a short summary.
10:15-11:15 workbooks (the ones you can get that are grade appropriate)
11-12: chores, free time or activity (library, friends, depends on day)
Noon: Lunch
1-3: Quiet time
3-5: chores, free time, errands, games (depends on day)
Then we have dinner and do the bedtime routine.
Of course, this is the guideline, every day is a little different as far as actual times, etc.
Have a fun summer!
Post a Comment