Saturday, June 21, 2008

Dr. Jeff at your service

Remember when I went into the dermatologist and had a cyst removed? I had three stitches and the doctor said that I could come back in to have the stitches removed (and pay another $50 co-pay) or I could remove the stitches myself, if I was comfortable enough to do so. DUH! I removed them myself! I'm not about to pay a guy $50 to do something I can do in 30 seconds. Well I got two of the stitches out just great and then I tried to cut the third one and ended up just cutting the knots off and losing the stitch inside of my neck. I figured it'd work it's way to the surface eventually and have kind of forgotten about it. Today, though, Jeff told me that we needed to get it out because my neck has taken too long to heal. So, after the kids went to bed, I took a deep breath and decided that we might as well start. Jeff got the tweezers and a needle and I laid down on the bed. I now know what it must have felt like to be Dr. Frankenstein's patient. There's a pretty good summer rain storm going tonight and there's been thunder and lightning. I tried to distract myself as Dr. Jeff poked and prodded by watching The Discovery Channel. When he said, "Okay, don't move! I'll be right back" I just closed my eyes and concentrated on "The Deadliest Catch." It's a good show. The great news is that the stupid blue stitch is finally out and my Spider Man bandaid is firmly in place. Thanks, Dr. Jeff!

1 comment:

Amy Bahnmiller said...

thanks for the comment. Had I known it was bad enough you wanted it out, I could have been Nurse Amy... :) Not sure if I'm gonna get out the door to church. Jason doubles today and the kids are flat out nightmares. I don't know anyone in my new ward and think i'm toast.