Yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL day! It was a balmy 65 degrees and so we decided that we'd get outside and take advantage of it while Jeff was in town. We got our shovels and our garden wagon and marched out the door. There were a few weeds to pull. Okay, more like 3 million weeds to pull. We even got the kids in on the fun. Abbey & Jeff started singing every Backyardigans song they could think of while Ian complained about the "pokeys". Fast forward 6 hours and voila! We were done! What do I have to show for all of our efforts? (Besides the fact that I'm as red as a ripe cherry tomato?) Take a look for yourself! This is how the garden and flower patches look now (I didn't get a 'before' piture, sorry).
Here's the flower patch/herb garden.
And here's the new garden spot - we'll till it up next weekend.
Finally, this THIS is the pile of weeds that we pulled. Do you see how GINORMOUS it is? Seriously, my fingers are sore, my back is sore and my hind end is sore from pulling so many weeds. It was a huge job and I'm infinitely grateful that it's done. 
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

4 comments:
Good for you guys! The weather was great! Good luck with your garden this year!
That is so impressive! I love spring cleaning it doesn't matter if it is in or out, it's amazing! And your project is down right impressive, good job.
Sunscreen, honey! Lot's of sunscreen...I learned the painful lesson last week. Stupid yard work! :)
Your yard looks great. I can tell that was a lot of work! I have also pulled weeds, until I have sore muscles. IT is kind of therapuetic! Bunco was so much fun......and yes, your house looked very clean! The food was delicious!!
Post a Comment