Monday, April 20, 2009

Lazy Day

I started out yesterday with good intentions. Jeff left at 5:30am and I slept in a little bit longer (3 hours), but then I made myself get out of bed and take a shower. Which, by the way, was a major feat. My arms and face felt like they were going to melt off while the rest of my body was shivering from the luke-ness of the water. The little blisters all over my forehead and elbows were protesting, though. That's when the first inkling of doubt started. Then my back and thigh and bum muscles stared yelling at me as I dried myself off. *chink* A little more of my resolve was knocked off. The thing that clinched the deal? When my pajamas begged me to put them back on. "Come here, Amy...we're so soft and comfy. You know you don't want to try to wrangle three restless children during TWO HOURS of stake conference by yourself today...come on! We'll keep you company while you watch cartoons and eat junk with your kids today...it's not so bad...just do it!" So I did. We watched Scooby Doo and Jimmy Neutron. Then Jenny woke up and we watched Twilight. I had left over potato salad for breakfast AND lunch and then had Cocoa Krispies for dinner. The kids wanted Kix. And I have to admit that it was pretty nice to already have my pj's on when it was time for bed.
Today, though, my resolve is back and I'm determined to get something done. I was up at 6:30 (a record for me, I know) and even made myself a REAL-ish breakfast. I think I could have done without the Toaster Strudel. But I did keep the frosting off! Anyway, the house is picked up and I'm officially showered AND DRESSED and I have super fabulous plans today.
Cross your fingers for me anyway, 'kay?

5 comments:

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

OH girl you are doing better than me! :) I love how you vegged, sigh, wish I could do that! :)

Heatherlyn said...

Do your exciting plans involve grocery shopping? That's what mine are!

Just SO said...

Good luck today. I should get out and do something as well.

Thanks to the keeper of the stars said...

sounds like you had a wonderful day! We skipped out yesterday as well! Kyle is very sun burned too, he was embarrassed to go to work today. He has racoon eyes!

Megan said...

You didn't miss anything...seriously. We got talked into it, we know how incredibly stupid it is to take kids to stake conference. It's the first one we've actually gone to since Ellie was a baby and lemme tell ya, we'll remember not to try it again until the kids are out of the house. What a disaster. And not only that, but EVERYONE else realizes how dumb it is to have kids there so it seems like ALL the kids are out wandering the halls screaming and yelling with very tired parents not far behind them. Which did NOT help me when I was trying to find a quite room to put a cranky baby to sleep in. A quite room on Stake Conference day?? HA! Next time we'll sit in our PJs and eat junk and watch TV together. Sound good? I'm in.