For the past week Ian has been bugging me and bugging me to get the slip 'n slide out. For the first couple of days I begged off because it was too cold. Don't you think that 55 degrees is a little too cold for water fun? Me too. After Saturday I couldn't use that excuse anymore. Monday it was 84 degrees. Yesterday it was 88! Holy hot, Batman! Because it was our turn to host the weekly play date I decided that yesterday would be the day that we dragged out the long piece of aqua blue plastic. They were thrilled! We had 4 little redheaded children (sunblocked of course, thanks to my neighbor...we were out) running down the slippery slope to a puddle of water at the end. I think I'm officially the coolest mom as of right now. One of the little boys was even cheeky enough to wrap his arm around my oldest when she got home from school. Pretty funny since he's so short his arm ended up hugging her hind end! Bwahahahaha!!! She flicked his arm away like she would a gnat and kept on walking. Good girl. Remember that move when you're about 16, okay?
Anyway, here are some pictures of how a REAL slip 'n slider does it.



Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

7 comments:
Wow looks like fun! How come I don't see a picture of you going do it? Now that would be the most awesome mom or maybe the most embarrassing. ;)
Emily has been after me to do the same thing...she got one for her birthday. Isn't it great to just sit back and watch them play outside though?!
My kids love those! The weather has been perfect for it too! But I'm not as cool as you are, yet. I've been making my kids do their homework and practice the piano. And they've been making me spend my evenings at their baseball games (blech). The slip n' slide sounds like a lot more fun!
You ARE the coolest mom!! My kids would move in right now!They have been bugging me to get the hose out and put the sprinkler under the tramp. Today it was 75. YAY!!! BUT!!! The wind was pretty strong, so it really wasn't the balmy 75 I think it needs to be for water.
Looks like fun! You're way awesome-er than me! And I need to stop sitting at the computer reading your blogs so I can get something done around here. *sigh* I can't wait for that kind of weather to be back, this back in the 50s sucks. Have a great day!
Cameron really enjoyed playing on the slip 'n slide. He says that we need to get one now. That was a great thing to do for their activity. IT was also good to sneak that in while the weather was actually warm and not windy cold or rainy like it is now.
So sign ups for T-ball is right now. I got Cameron signed up for it at the 6:15 to 7:00 time. Our pick for the team was the Yankees but there are a lot of them. IT is only $25 to sign them up and you can do it on line. What do you think about letting Ian do that?
88??? We had frost on the ground this morning. And to answer your question, yes 55 is hot enough to pull the water fun out....at least in Utah and according to my 6 year old.
How fun.
Post a Comment