
Anyone who knows me knows that I love to get a good deal. Finding something on sale that I can get for almost nothing is a high for me - my own personal brand of chocolate, even. And lately that awesome chocolaty goodness has lead me right down the cereal isle. Cheerios, Fruit Loops, Raisin Bran, Blue Berry Morning! *sigh* It's been heaven for me around here. I come home from the store with 40 or 50 boxes of cereal for pennies a box and I feel a sense of pride. I feel like, not only did I score on a fabulous deal, but I'm also contributing to our family financial situation somehow. (I don't work outside of the house these days.) Yes, the euphoria is wonderful. Until I wake up on a Sunday morning and realize that the kids woke up before me, quietly shut my bedroom door so as to not wake me so that they can rifle through the storage room. Yep, I woke up to three brand new boxes of cereal sitting wide open on the kitchen counter along side three of the biggest cereal bowls you've ever seen. You have to give them props, though. Those bowls were purposely stashed on the tippy-top shelf and pushed way back - they had to work to get them down. Two of the bowls looked like they'd only eaten 5 bites of the sugary goodness inside as they were sitting on the counter with a pool of milk surrounding them. I started to clean up and put the cereal away. That's when I started counting. 1..2..3...4.....9..10..11.....ELEVEN?!?!?! There are eleven boxes of cereal in my pantry! Well, I can fix that. I simply called the little darlings into the kitchen and informed them that we will be eating cereal for every meal until the boxes are empty. Somehow I don't think they're all that disappointed.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

7 comments:
and i thought having three boxes was too many! yow.
Got any extra Lucky Charms?
Where do you get boxes of cereal for pennies a box? My grandkiddies would think me a God if I bought them cereal.
Sounds like Sunday dinner made EASY!
I admire your coupon madness. I am trying to get better in this area.
Mmmmm...cereal. My kids would go through those boxes so fast!
I need to find a good deal on Life cereal. My kids love it!
Can you believe my kids hate cereal? They take a few bites tops and then declare it mushy, soggy, or slimy... I've basically stopped buying it because it only gets wasted.
Post a Comment