I've said it before, and I'll say it again. My four year old is a tornado - seriously. We often find crayons that have been rubbed down to a nub lying around and know that we have to go in search of the wall that needs to be washed. There are wrappers and empty granola bar boxes lying around, boxes of Kleenex that are empty with mounds of shredded tissue lying all around the room. You get the idea. We're definitely on our toes when this blessed child is awake.
Today's example: We've decided that today was going to be a cleaning day. I've been under the weather (thus the sporadic blogging - sorry) and so the house has been sorely neglected. Jeff's coming home today and the antibiotic has finally kicked in so I was determined to get the place de-junked, de-stinked and sparkly clean! As Jen and I were cleaning up the kitchen I noticed that her half rotted gallon Ziploc containing Amish Friendship bread was missing. Hmm....I wondered if Jen had decided that she didn't really want to go through the 10 day fermenting process and so moved on to de-clutter the rest of the counter. Then I remembered that Abbey had a strange fascination with the squishy baggie and so I asked Jen if she had, in fact, decided to call it quits. Nope. *sigh* Now the hunt is on. I asked Abbey where she put the baggie and she proceeded to take me on a treasure hunt of sorts. We looked under beds, in dresser drawers, in kitchen cabinets and even *gasp* in the fridge. Nothing. We have no clue where she put it and probably won't until we smell the rot in a couple of days. What about you? Do any of you have a tornado in your family?
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

4 comments:
Do I have a TORNADO? Honey, yes. I've got a whole tornado season right through the cornfields of Oklahoma rolled into 1 Avery. I often refer to her as Hurricane Avery; so much stronger and 100x more destructive than Hurricane Katrina. I'm sure you know the type...:)
That's scary. Hope you find it soon.
We have well had one....except his nickname was Gozer. Gozer the Destructor. Oh yes.
I hope you find that Amish bread soon.
That's pretty funny. You'll have to post about it when you find it!
Post a Comment