So we got to go on this wonderful vacation to Europe AND we didn't even have to take the kids! I know that sounds awful, but sometimes a mama just needs a break so that she can appreciate the joys of motherhood more fully...
Anyway, while we were gone we had angels watching our kids. First, my lil' sis came for a week during her spring break to be with the monkeys. You have to give her props - she gave up what could have been a super fun spring break to come hang out with elementary school kids. And they love her. She's a lot of fun and has super human patience. She played games with them and got them to do their chores without much complaint by using bribery. (At least that's the only way I can figure she did it without World War III breaking out.) She got sick while she was here, but was a trooper and I'm sure she was relieved when my mom showed up at the end of the week to take over for her. (Sorry Sam...this is the most recent picture I have of you!)
Can I just tell you that I KNOW my mom is a super hero? The kids were on spring break the week mom was here and she kept them busy and happy so that they wouldn't revolt. I've been exhausted since we got back and she's been secretly doing things behind my back so I wouldn't know. Stuff like 5 bazillion loads of laundry, cooking dinner after telling me to go take a nap, and even dishes! Plus she's super fun to talk to and laugh with. She willingly watched The Biggest Loser and American Idol with me, too. Like I said, she's a super hero. She went home today and I'm not quite sure what to do with myself now. Jeff's out of town for another week and I'm ready to cry. Does anyone want to come and try to fill my mama's super human shoes? *sniff* I miss her already.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

4 comments:
Ah, Amy, if we only lived next door to each other still...
What a great mom and sister to help you out! I hope this next week goes by fast and the kids are super good for you.
It doesn't sound bad. It's super nice (and even healthy) to take a trip without the kiddos every so often. And the loving family who watches them are WONDERFUL!
Awww Ames... I hired a sitter to get out. Cost me 20 bucks but the sanity was PRICELESS! No kidding!
Post a Comment