Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wheels


We've been the proud owners of a mini van for awhile now. It's been a good van. It was even pretty cool for awhile. It had leather seats, cd changer, electric everything, sliding doors (on both sides)...it was pretty great. About six months into mini van ownership the motor went out on one of the windows. No biggie (yeah right) - we just dumped $500 into it to get it fixed. Then the clock switch went out and BAM we had no more cruise control. Okay, we can deal with this. We only go on long trips maybe twice a year, it'll be all right. We finally got that fixed and dropped about another $500 into it. Then I backed out of the garage with the tailgate up. That was my own stupid mistake, but it made it so that the automatic tailgate button on the remote only worked when it wasn't on it's monthly cycle. Now the passenger side sliding door quit, the motor went out on the window again and it's starting to make funny noises when we back up, when we are in neutral and even when we're driving it down the road. So, we decided that we'd give up mini van ownership and get this baby! I love it. I'm now the proud owner of a Suburban. The best part? Now I can not only haul all of the young women from church everywhere they need to go, but I can also actually have a seat belt for everyone when the nephews come back for their month long visit this summer. Wahoo!!!

6 comments:

Ellen said...

Oooooo!! Shiny! Though I'll miss the van, that was a fun trip to the middle of now where to buy that wonderful Wixom wagon. Do we get to help name it?

springrose said...

If we get to help name it I think it should be the "ice burg" because it's a "cool" ride!!

Just SO said...

That is very nice!! Enjoy!

Hiller Family said...

That will be so nice! We got an Expedition in October and are loving it.

Heatherlyn said...

I think the #1 reason why I will NEVER get a suburban is because I do not want to be asked to drive on youth activities/trips. Oh yeah, and they are difficult to park in. I'm parking impaired.

Enjoy your new car though. Suburbans really are great. :)

Anonymous said...

Aunt Simona and Uncle Jack,

Best move yet my darling Niece. We've had our Suburban since 2002 and we love it. Although there is only the two of us, it carries a lot of stuff and it's wonderful for going into woods - picking blueberries, raspberries, mushrooms, blackberries, wild apples etc, etc.
I know you'll get good use out of it. Love to you and the family