Remember way back when you were still a dumb teenager? Right after you graduated from high school but before you were "legal"? Yeah, those were some good times. I was young, cute and I knew EVERYTHING! I had a sporty new car and a great job, lots of great friends and even some that I'm a little embarrassed to admit I hung out with. I had so much fun - I went dancing often, played football in the mud with my friends and stayed up until 3am every night and still had the energy to get up and go to work 4 hours later. (do you hear the song 'Memories' playing in the background?)
My friend Jen moved in with us about six months ago and she is one of my "back then" friends. So, of course, we started talking and remembering. We wondered who was where and what they were up to. And then we discovered the beauty of FaceBook. Have you played over there yet? There are a bajillion people hanging out over there and it's easy peezy lemon squeezy to find friends from "back then" 'cuz they hang out there too. Jen and I decided that it'd be uber fun to say hi to everyone and maybe even invite them over for a remember when party. We've been planning and planning (for a month or so) we sent people notes on FaceBook and even by email! Wow...technology is super impressive, right?
Anyway, we decided that Saturday was going to be our day. Only too bad for us because we didn't realize that it was also Easter weekend when we planned it - so much for thorough planning. Because of this we had lots of people say they wanted to come but then either bailed at the last minute or didn't show at all. Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad that I got to see the people I did, I've missed them. I guess I just hoped that the flaky, non-responsible gene in the others would fade away over the last 10-ish years. On the bright side, I have a ton of fruit, veggies and rolls left over. Anyone wanna come over and be my new "back then" friend?
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

4 comments:
I wanna come over and be your back then friend and eat fruit and veggies.
As long as I don't have to be your creepy Facebook friend. ;)
Yep, I've been on facebook for a while. It's great for reconnecting with people who you like to be connected with but who don't live very close. Not many of my "way back" friends live anywhere near me. Leftover fruits and veggies always works out well though :)
Facebook is amazing; I can't believe how many people I have connected with from our old ward, pretty crazy.
That stinks that they didn't come have TONS of fun...but like you said...fun left overs right?
Post a Comment