Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sing Me A Song or Recite A Little Ditty


Easter candy. There always seems to be more than you expect, whether it's because you purchased it, the Easter Bunny brought it or the in-laws pawned it off. This year I thought we were doing pretty good until we consolidated it all into one bucket. Ugh...too much. I wish each kid would eat 2 pieces and then be sick of it. I wish that I would just eat 2 pieces and then be sick of it - yeah, that's not how it works. We've scarfed down at least half of what we had and now I've come up with a new way to stem the flow of sugar that goes into my kids (and my) veins. The new rule? If you want a piece of candy you have to do one of the following: 1)recite to me one of the ten commandments 2)repeat an article of faith or 3)sing a primary song. All of these must be done without any help from a parental figure and only one may be submitted for approval each day. Maybe I can conveniently hide the candy away in a couple of days and they'll forget all about it... or maybe I can sell it on Craig's List to some poor schmuck who got sick on the first day and now is in withdrawals. What do you think?

3 comments:

Goob said...

I like your rule! My sister has a rule that if you get caught speaking authoritatively on a subject you know nothing about, you must sing a primary song for the entire family to enjoy. We love that rule too.

Heatherlyn said...

That's a good rule! (I think I would eat the candy from its hiding place, though. And then one day when the kids came all prepared with their scripture...it would be gone!)

Hiller Family said...

What a clever idea, one I could do, thanks for the suggestion. With any luck it will be gone soon, I hate the temptation.