Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Chicken!!!

"Hi, my name is Amy and I'm a junkie." My addiction is severe and it runs very, very deep. It gets me into trouble and sometimes embarrasses me, I have to admit it. It does no good to try to deny the power my addiction has in my life. *sigh*
Example: There's this wonderful little place in town called Cash & Carry. If you've got the cash you can carry out what you want. It's a.w.e.s.o.m.e. for a junkie like me. I walk in, hand over my wad and walk out with a stash of stuff that I should be arrested for paying so little for. Yep, I'm a deal junkie. Combine that with my coupon addiction and we've got a real problem. Anyway, I went to Cash & Carry a couple of weeks ago because, wait for it, they had CHICKEN FOR SUPER CHEAP!!! Besides the fact that it was a good deal, I rationalized that Frankie needed a roommate. So I bought 80 pounds of finger lickin' goodness. Then I got home and realized that each box had 4 10pound bags of frozen, raw chicken breasts in it and I would have to separate it eventually. Meh, no biggie. I'll deal with it when we're in the mood for chicken. Hmmm....we're in the mood for chicken. Have you ever tried to hack 2 or 3 chicken breasts off of a 10 pound brick? Me either. I also found that the plastic sack had gotten frozen between some of the chicken breasts and so had to dig it out. As I was in the middle of this process this morning, dressed in all of my good morning finery (a.k.a. my pajamas, no bra and my hair sticking straight up...lovely, I know) the doorbell rings. I quickly rinsed my hands off and squirted hand sanitizer on them to kill all of the chicken-goo germs. It was my visiting teaching companion. She needed to borrow something. She HAD taken a shower. I quickly gave her what she wanted and then continued to hack. It's now been in a pot cooking for almost 2 hours. Stupid junkie habits got me into this mess. Does anyone else want chicken for dinner? 'Cuz I got about 8 pounds left after I'm done with it...

4 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

Actually, I know all about separating frozen meat and that is why I'm very careful to separate it before I put it in the freezer! It's such a huge pain if it is frozen!

I found a fantastic deal at cash&carry on chicken 2 months ago and it has saved me so much $$$$. We still have a little left.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cookie dough at cash&carry. Have you tried it? The chocolate chocolate chip is the best!!! So good. So much better than I make cookies (I'm not a fantastic cookie maker. I don't have good luck with cookies. But the cookie dough, it turns out great every time!)

Just SO said...

What is this cash and carry? It sounds very cool. I love chicken.

AW Cake! said...

Cash & Carry is a restaurant supply store that is open to the public. You can get some awesome deals for really cheap. My friend got 50 pounds of potatoes there last week for $5!!! Woo-hoo!

Linda Gibbs said...

Joella loves that place! I need to save some cash-ola for the next visit. And then figure out how to keep it all cold for the 4 hour trip!
And for the potatoes...I get mine free!! (C'mon! I live in Rexburg!) The joy of have friends that are potato farmers!! Ahhh..Love the free stuff!!