Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bosom Friends, Kindred Spirits & Carrots


What started out as a way to occupy myself during the dreaded 30-45 minute work out turned into 12 hours of Anne of Green Gables. Yep, I watched almost all of the series - to the end of the updates that they did 10 years later. I think I prefer the younger Anne. Now I'm walking around saying things like "bosom friend" or "kindred spirits." Actually, I think Anne with an "e" and I could have been bosom friends or kindred spirits, whichever. She has red hair that she tried to dye black at one time - I have red hair that I tried to dye black when I was a teenager. Don't ask. She's been called carrots because she has red hair - so have I (I have to admit, she reacted better than I did). She has a knack for getting into trouble - I also have found mysef in a pickle or two. She loves to read and can be a little dramatic - I like to read but there's no WAY I'm a drama queen. Nope. Uh-uh.
Anyway, I love Anne of Green Gables. I'm surprised that Jeff put up with my desire, no my NEED, to watch it yesterday. I started at the beginning and couldn't stop. I promised him, though, that today I would be productive. I'm planning on taking down all traces of Christmas plus trying to dig myself out of the mountain of laundry that's accumulated over the last couple of days. Yep, I'll get right on that. Just as soon as I'm done blogging...

7 comments:

Kris' Chaos said...

Oh dear. Kris has been doing the same thing after she got the 3 DVDs for Christmas.

Linda Gibbs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Gibbs said...

Hot Dog! You had an "Anne" party!! I have had a few of those before. I like the younger Anne as well. I wouldn't say you TOTALLY remind me of Anne, but there are certain, ummmm...similarities!!

Goob said...

Anne was a favorite childhood heroine! I just love those movies. We used to pop a bowl of popcorn and settle into jammies and blankets and watch those movies on PBS back in the day. Even my dad watched it religiously with us! ( which I think speaks to how well they were done.)

shanl said...

good for you! My only regret is that you didn't invite me!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

I LOVE ANNE OF GREEN GABLES TOO! CAN I BE YOUR KINDRED SPIRIT?

Unknown said...

Great Jehoshaphat! I love those movies!! (and books...always way better) Don't you ever wish you could go and see the Lake of Shining Waters or the Great White Way of Light??