So my friend from 53 years ago is in town for a visit and so we thought we'd get together for a girl's night out. Jen, Darcy and I met for dinner and we chatted, laughed and "remembered when". Only, too bad for us because one of our friends, Angie, wasn't able to make it due to a late work schedule - stupid responsibilities! Anyway... We had decided to meet at a classy place called Shari's - maybe you've heard of it?? If not, you're surely missing out! Imagine walking into a Denny's-ish kind of establishment but here they have an entire front counter filled with pies. Yeah, it's Up Town. Anyway, we had an annoying waiter who kept coming over to bug us and ask if we were okay and then had to tell us how much money he made and how old his kids were (he even showed us pictures and told us his kids were ugly). I finally told him we were there to spend time with each other - not with him. He still didn't get the hint. Oh well. It took us two hours to eat dinner and so we decided that we needed to do some shopping to walk it off. Old Navy was having a sale so that's where we went. I got a pair of shoes for $0.47!!! They don't fit anyone at this particular time but they will soon. Besides, who can pass up a pair of shoes for $0.47??? So we got the cute check out girl to take our picture because annoying waiter-guy was too annoying. She even convinced me that it was a good idea to purchase some french vanilla mint lip gloss. She was right - it does taste good... She took the picture and this is how it turned out.
After Old Navy we were hungry for chocolate so we made our way over to Applebees and had some dessrt. Then we talked and giggled some more. If I was 12 again I so would have asked my mom if we coud have had a sleep-over. Then we could have talked and giggled and painted each other's toe nails until really late. Yeah, I miss my friend Darcy. I get to see Jen all of the time but I really REALLY miss Darcy.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

2 comments:
A girls night, I am so terribly JEALOUS! It looks like fun.
I so need to do that with my friends!!! You guys look like you had a good time...and I can't believe your waiter...I was totally laughing! :)
Hope you have a good NEW YEAR!!!
Post a Comment