Tuesday, December 9, 2008

*grumble, grumble, grumble...*

Yes, it's after midnight. And yes, I'm awake and blogging. I'm aggrivated and need to vent a little. Tonight I asked Jen to stay with the kiddies (who are asleep) while I ran to Wal-Mart so at the stroke of midnight I could get these...






You see, I needed to get them while they were at the great first-day-out-price and also when my kids aren't with me. It's not gonna happen tomorrow because I'll have little munchkins all day long and if I wait until Wednesday then I have to pay $5 more per movie. The logic worked perfectly in my head. So I drove down the lonely & empty roads until I got to the parkinglot, which was amazingly crowded considering the time. Anyway, I went into the store and found the display that I needed and then proceeded to the checkout. I was so proud of myself! It was exactly 12:06am and so I didn't have to wait at all. I went to the ONLY REGISTER OPEN and that's when I figured out why so many cars were in the parkinglot. All of the geeks in Idaho had the same idea I did. They all had made a midnight run to the local Wal-Mart for the new movie and had to wait in line to pay. Here's the thing, though. The lady started to ring my stuff up and I noticed that the movies were ringing up at $19.96 each not $14.96! I was getting hosed out of $10 between the two!!! I politely cleared my throat and suggested to the tired cashier that maybe she should check the price again. She called everyone she could think of and I just stood there waiting. So did everyone else in line. (Here's where I offer up an apology to all of those who had to wait while the goofy night cashier tried to solve a simple problem.) Finally it got settled and I was on my way out the door when the stupid door alarms went off as I went past them. *sigh* It's a good thing that I have a trust-worthy face. All I had to do was smile at the guy and tell him I'd purchased some movies as I rumaged in my sack for a receipt. He just looked at me, smiled and said, "Aw, that's okay ma'am. You have yourself a nice evening." If I were a dishonest gal I could've really taken advantage of that...

3 comments:

Amy Bahnmiller said...

It's nearly 3 am and I'm still awake... drats. I should have had that tylenol pm down hours ago... Needless to say, if someone so much as looks at me the wrong way tomorrow, OFF WITH THEIR HEAD!

Hiller Family said...

What a sport tramping off in the middle of the night, to fulfill Christmas wishes. That is what motherhood is all about.. right?

Alanya/Ally said...

You're good! I bought those same movies today... but two of the three kiddies were with me. I just hid them.