Yesterday I decided that I was going to take the kids to the local picture takin' place so that I could document the fact that they did, in fact, get new dress clothes for Christmas. I have to do this fairly soon after they open the gifts so that they still look relatively new when we take the pictures. The local establishment was running a special - get 102 pictures for the low,low price of $9.95!!! We walked in the door, after trudging through 12 inches of snow, and were pleasantly surprised by our surroundings. I saw comfortable couches and chairs for us to sit on and a Lego table for the kids to play with as we waited. There were two photo studios for us to use and so we waited our turn. We ended up getting Joe as our photographer - a sleepy twenty-something year old guy who looked like he'd rather be anywhere but right there right then. The kids did pretty well. Abbey was her animated self, Ian gave us the cheesiest smiles he could and Emma looked stoned. Yep, stoned! I think there was one, maybe two pictures that Joe took where Emma actually looked like she cared about what was going on in the world around her. Add to the fact that Joe was wearing pants that were a little too big for him and so they kept falling down exposing his Family Guy under-roos, and our day was one for the history books!
This morning we were getting ready for church and I got the brilliant idea to have Jen, our house guest, take pictures of our whole family in our finery. Emma smiled wonderfully this time, Abbey grinned and Ian produced another cheesey smile. Oh well. Family pictures just wouldn't be family pictures without someone making the goofy face, right?
So we rushed to church, as fast as one can "rush" through 8 inches of melting slush, and barely made it there just as the opening song started. Emma was apparently REALLY tired! She whined, whimpered, cried and even fell to the floor at one point! Her explaination? She was so tired... I asked her why she was so exhausted and her reply to me was that she had woken up really early - like....8am. Heaven help us! She's turned into a hormon-charged kid already! I can hardly wait for the next couple of years... yeah, right.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

3 comments:
Cute family pics! I love your skirt it looks adorable on you.
The picture looks great! I love the dresses your girls are wearing. Where did you find them? I had such a hard time finding dresses for my girls this year so we opted not to get any. But I really love those ones. Ian looks great, too, I just don't have to buy for boys.
8 inches of snow there, huh? I would like to say I'm sorry I missed that... but there is way more where we are. On Christmas I was trudging back to the house from sledding and fell into a whole and was in snow up to my waist! It took me awhile to get myself out.
Awwww! I love your picture! And yes, someone always has to make a goofy face, or it's NOT family picture time... LOL Emma looks like a doll... must be the pretty wrapping on the outside, eh? Love ya!
Post a Comment