Sunday, December 21, 2008

He Wanted To Take Her Home

Today it's a snowy and blustery day in Idaho! We went to church like good little Mormons do, though. We were excited to participate in the Christmas program that the ward had lined up. Three hours later we were leaving the building, feeling pretty good about all of the lessons that had warmed our hearts. We opened the door and all of a sudden Abbey started screaming and the little old man in front of her was tugging on her hair. I was wondering what he was up to and so stopped to get a closer look. It seems that when the door opened there was a sudden gust of wind and Abbey just happened to be close enough to the cute old man that her hair blew up and got caught on the button of his suit jacket. He was mumbling his apologies and I jokingly said, "Well, if you wanted to take her home, you just had to ask!" He smiled and then we yanked and pulled on Abbey's hair until it came undone. She's not scarred for life, just for five minutes.

3 comments:

Hiller Family said...

Poor Abbey, I am glad it all worked out.

Alanya/Ally said...

That's kind of funny... good thing she knows what to do if a stranger tries to take her away. Hope her spirits and hair recover just fine.

Unknown said...

You guys sounded great!! I would have smiled if I could...have a great Christmas!