Saturday, December 6, 2008

Yummmmm

Do you know what this is???

No, it is NOT a "gift" that the neighbor's dog left in my yard. It's the magic that happens when you smear peanut butter between 2 Ritz crackers and then dip them in chocolate. It's heaven. Pure heaven...
Last night I got together with Jeff's cousin and we went to one of her friend's houses for a "dipping" party. Everyone brings chocolate to melt and something to dip - they have to bring enough chocolate & stuff to share with everyone else. I brought peanut butter and Ritz crackers with my chocolate. We dipped everything we could think of; cinnamon Santa's, gummy bears, pretzles, coconut, peanut butter, wafer cookies, candy canes. We even tried dipping a carrot and some broccoli. I wouldn't recommend those. I was surprised that the Triscuit crackers tasted good dipped in chocolate.
It was a lot of fun and we all left with a lot of chocolate dipped yumminess. The idea is to make enough that we all have enough to share with friends and neighbors. Ummm....we don't follow that rule so much at my house. I did make a treat plate for my sister in law - that's about all I could part with.
I think I'll be dipping some more in the comming days. Any other ideas on what would taste good "dipped?"

3 comments:

Sam the Awesome said...

my foot would taste good

Alanya/Ally said...

I made something similar... put PB and a popcicle stick between 2 nilla wafers and dip it in chocolate. Then sprinkle Reeses Pieces over the top while choc is drying. I didn't even get one when I made them! So they must have been yummy! (PB flavored chocolate holds them together better, but tastes the same.)

Anonymous said...

you are a strange woman... JK :) i guess if it has chocolate its good... right? :)