Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"I Once Was Lost, But Now I'm Found"

We lost a very important tool that is vital to the zoo being able to function today. It was there one minute and gone the next. The middle monkey said he just laid it down for a minute today, so that he could rest for a bit, and when he went to get it back it was GONE!!! Oh my! We went on a major treasure hunt. Okay, so I made the slave monkeys search. They looked high and low. They looked through all of the straw at the bottom of the cages, in the old banana peels and even in the water bowls. No sign of it anywhere. This is an expensive tool and as the zoo keeper it's very important to me that it not get lost. So I kicked the search into high gear. I gingerly let myself into the cage and started to look. I did have to plug my nose for a bit around the "mess" that the other monkeys left there...yeesh. Anyway, after carefully lifting up a pair of Dora pajamas the item was found! Certain disaster had been averted and it was only missing for about 2 hours. I'm not sure if there's any damage to said tool as it was left on the floor where, I'm sure, it got trampled. A picture of the item is below...





























Yep, Ian's glasses. We're talking about a hefty bit of change to replace these babies and we've only had them for about a week. Thank goodness they were found. I, by the way, happened to leave my sunglasses at Sam's Club today and I'm lost without them! Can you imagine how the poor blind boy must feel when he's missing his eyes???



P.S. 7 days and counting since my oven blew up. Jeff got the replacement element and it blew up too. Now they're saying it'll be at least Monday before we get the 3rd one delivered. How many crock pot meals do they think I have in me?

3 comments:

Hiller Family said...

Glad to hear the glasses were found, sorry to hear you oven is still out. I can't imagine the torture for you, especially the month of December. It doesn't help your an amazing cook, I hope everything works out for next week.

Alanya/Ally said...

You make me laugh so hard! I've had that experience for several weeks... going on months now. I've lost my pair of very, very expensive glasses and they are no where to be found. I have the case which is weird... except I have kids... so not so weird. I'm dreading the next pair because they were so spendy. It'll have to wait till next year.

Alanya/Ally said...

BTW, my offer still stands about my oven.