Monday, May 4, 2009

We're Back!

Boy, howdy, am I glad! (Did I just say 'boy howdy'???) I just want to confirm, for all of you out there who were wondering, that just because you have a bigger, roomier car it does NOT mean that it will make the trip from Idaho to Utah shorter or more interesting in any way. It does, however, make the wind feel a little stronger as it batters you all over the freeway. All I can say is that I'm thankful that the kids were zonked 'cuz Ian gets car sick sometimes and I SO was not in the mood for the mess or the stink on this trip. Also, kids are just as irritating after 5 hours and on the 6 bajillionth time they ask "How much longer???", just thought you'd like to know.
What I loved the most about our trip was that I got to see my wonderfully wonderful friend, Kris. She just got back from Disney Land Saturday night (with her FIVE kids) and so I popped in on her Sunday afternoon on our way out of Dodge. She's awesome. She's my kindred spirit and bosom friend. I miss her. An hour with your best bud, after six months of separation, is NOT long enough. Anyway, I'll post more about our adventures in "Zion" tomorrow, for now you get to see my BFF, Kris. (pssst....I'm the short redhead in the pic...in case you didn't recognize me from my profile picture.)

2 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

I would imagine that, indeed, and hour is NOT enough! Glad your kids fell asleep for you. Ours never seem to sleep, even on very long trips!

Shelle said...

*Sigh...* no Amy for me...*sigh*... (you KNOW I have to give you crap) :)