Yesterday was a really. hot. day. I know, I know, for those of you who live in the southern hemisphere of the US it was probably a typical day and not much to get excited about. But for me...well, I found that after about noon it was the perfect day for staying inside with my friend the air conditioner.
Emma has a real sense of fashion (at least in her eyes). She finds outfits that often look cute and sometimes look...well...interesting would be a good word. Anyway, yesterday was a cute day. She wore a super cute black t-shirt with teeny puffs on the sleeves and some dark jeans along with some slip on shoes. She also wore a light jacket because she "was fa-reeeeezzzziiiinnnngggg" in the morning. She came home from school around 3:45 and the first thing out of her mouth was, "Man! My pits STINK!!!" I had to do a double take because I wasn't sure if I'd actually heard her say THAT. So I asked her to repeat what she'd just said and she said it again along with, "Yep, I smell like Uncle So-And-So!" Well, Uncle So-And-So is AWESOME! The kids love to play with him because he is very tall and very big and he loves to play whatever game they have going on, usually. He also has Aspberger's . Because of this, hygiene is not on the top of his list of important things to do so, sometimes, he smells like he forgot to put on deodorant. (Not such a good thing.)
I guess it's time. Time to break into my stash of sticks of deodorant that have been waiting patiently in the pantry for someone to come in and claim them. I made sure to pick one with a pretty smell, "Sweet Pea". She loves it (yay!) so maybe that means that she'll WEAR IT. Because we love Uncle So-And-So, but we don't want her to smell like him!
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

3 comments:
Yeah. It is WAY too hot for me. I was wanting to be on the banks of Lucky Peak, listening to my kids splash in the icey water while I basked in the shade of a BIG tree.
Our Darling Daughter has required deoderant since probably 2nd grade. Poor thing. So far, she's the only one like that. It must just be genetics. Thank goodness they make such yummy smelling deoderants now days!
Hey Amy!
It's Tabitha. I hope you don't mind but I asked Mindy for your blog address once I found out you blogged. How are you?! It looks like you've been up to lots of fun things since I last saw you.
Have a great day!
Oh, good. I've been wondering if Hunter was the only kid in the 4th grade who had the need to load up on the BO juice. ;0
Post a Comment