Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday Adventures

Sundays are pretty interesting for us. Add to the fact that it's Mother's Day and the excitement level goes up about 5 notches. This morning the hubs got up super early and made me a breakfast that Denny's would be proud to serve. There was an omelet, blueberry muffins (with the yummy crumble topping) and he even sliced up fresh fruit! Good job, hubs. We got the kids ready for church and bolted out the door because we were late, as usual. Emma stayed home from church today because she's had a wicked cough lately and we didn't want to expose the rest of the primary to whatever germs have been festering in her lungs. Because Emma stayed home, Ian automatically started whimpering and whining that he didn't feel good either and that he was SURE that he should stay home too. He is the epitome of the "don't wanna, ain't gonna, can't make me" kid. He even went so far as to convince the primary president that he needed to talk to her out in the hall. She later told me how the conversation went:
Ian: I don't feel so good...
Prim. Prez.: What hurts, Ian?
Ian: ummm.....I think I have allergies (in his most whiny, pitiful voice)
P.P. : Well, I think that your mom knows when you're sick enough to stay at home and when you're well enough to come to church. You need to go to class and so do they. Let's go.
Ian: Well....I GUESS I could go to class today.

All I can say is YAY for that awesome primary president! She even saw me hiding behind the fire extinguisher when I saw them come out of the classroom and didn't bat an eye. She didn't let on that she knew I was there, she just handled things on her own. Those are the blissfully wonderful women that I LOVE at church. We need more primary leaders/teachers like that, I think.
What about you? How was your Mother's Day?

4 comments:

Thanks to the keeper of the stars said...

Happy Mother's day! I saw them in the hall, and as I walked by I heard some deep conversation. She did handle it well. Cute!

shanl said...

Happy Mother's Day! We have been missing you and your hubby in choir! I'm not the director anymore so you don't need to stay away! We need you guys!

Heatherlyn said...

I'm glad you had a great mother's day! Mine was wonderful. I love all the homemade gifts from the little kids. I'll miss that when they get older.

Just SO said...

Great Primary President! That breakfast sounds divine. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's day.