Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Oh No!

I got up today and actually got on the treadmill. Woo-hoo for me! Another day down...check! I thought I'd get my stinky, sweaty self into the shower so that I could get ready in time to haul the 4 year old to pre-school. So I went to my dresser and pulled open the drawer...crap! No undies! Now what? Ah-hah! I remembered that I'm a procrastinator and that, maybe, this time it might have been to my advantage. I skipped up the stairs to the laundry room. (Okay, so I didn't really 'skip', it's more like I trudged...but still.) There were 2 baskets of clean laundry just waiting to be folded with another still in the dryer. (This is where I crossed my fingers AND toes for good luck.) Surely there will be a clean pair of unders crumpled in the wrinkled mess somewhere, right? "Might as well fold while I'm up here", I thought. So I folded. And folded. And folded some more. All the while I was eyeing the over-flowing basket under the counter that had a million and three pairs of under-roos. "Hmmm...probably I should just throw those into the washer while I'm up here." So I started the water. More folding. Do you ever get that pang of fear right about where your sternum is? You know, when you almost fall down because you're a klutz or when you think you're about to get into trouble? Yep, that's what I was feeling as I continued to fold. No undies. In all three loads of wrinkled laundry. What now? Do I take the kid to pre-school in all my stinky glory and just apologize for letting the smell waft into the room? Do I take a shower anyway and then go commando for the hour or so it'll take for the clothes to finish? All of a sudden, *PING!* a brilliant idea struck! "Amy! You have a secret drawer of old undies that are either too small or ready for the garbage truck that you haven't done anything with! Maybe there's a pair in there that aren't too bad!" Now I RAN down the stairs to see if maybe, just maybe I was in luck. (Really, this time I ran.) Whoopidee doo dah! There they were! A gleaming white pair of unders that had been long neglected! I showered and maybe I lingered a little longer than necessary, hoping that they weren't TOO small... They fit! YESSSSS!!!! Now I'm clean and I don't have to go commando after-all! Whew!

7 comments:

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

HEY... that's a GREAT day if you ask me. And I SOOOOOOOOO do that with laundry!

Unknown said...

I have never experienced this. Ever.

Hiller Family said...

This sounds oh sooooooo familiar, glad it all worked out.

Heatherlyn said...

I am laughing and glad that I'm not the only one who has those moments!

The Giles Files said...

Commando...did you ever see that episode on Friends?

Just SO said...

It's stories like these that make me want to go out and buy more underwear. And yes...I have done the exact same thing as you.

Jennifer Edwards said...

muahahahaha! oh, Amy I misssss your funny stories and happenings....LOL! Love ya!