
I'm pretty blessed. Seriously, the Lord is definitely watching out for me. No, there wasn't some miraculous huge thing that happened. I wasn't saved in the nick of time from a wild tornado that came ripping through Idaho, there wasn't a car that nearly took the front end of the 'burb off and all of my kids are still alive. It's the little things that I'm thankful for today. For instance, did you know that I have the bestest home teacher (HT) and father-in-law (FIL) in the world??? Even better than yours, I'll bet. See, Jeff's out of town (nothing new) and we haven't been able to get around to getting our garden done. I'd kind of resigned myself to the fact that it just wasn't going to get done this year when my HT came over to give his monthly message last week. He asked how it was coming along and I told him that we hadn't even gotten it tilled up yet because the tiller we were using had something wrong with the fuel filter. Know what he said? He said, "Okay, well I'll be over tomorrow afternoon and we'll get it tilled under for you." I didn't ask or hint or anything! He just said he was gonna do it, no problem. Woo-hoo!!! So then I went to Jeff's parents house on Sunday for dinner and my FIL asked how the garden was coming along and I told him that it was tilled and now all I had to do was get it planted. He said, "Okay, I'll come over on Thursday (his ONLY day off, btw) and we'll get it planted." What the what? So we got it done today. Also, he brought his handy dandy somethin somethin saw and cut out the retarded 1/2 shelf in one of my kitchen cabinets so that I have somewhere to put my cookie sheets! Whoo-hoo again!
See, the Lord loves me. He knows that I've been stressing about getting the garden in and that I've been uber frustrated with the stupid retarded 1/2 shelf and he put people in my life who could help me out. I guess I'm saying that when you're having "a day" just try counting all of the little blessings and you'll feel better 'cuz you'll realize, like I did, that there's someone out there who loves you and will take care of you.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

3 comments:
Love me a good garden. How fortunate to have those people taking care of those little things. Funny how sometimes the Lord takes care of the stuff that really matters, and sometimes, its the little stuff that matters.
That is a blessing. The garden looks great!
No way! Yes, the Lord loves you. I wonder how MUCH I'd have to stress about it for other people to volunteer to come and help me out? That is really really FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!! You win the best home teacher award!
Post a Comment