Monday, June 1, 2009

New Pets

I think we're getting some new pets! I can't be completely sure yet, but I'm pretty confident. It seems that I will be losing 2 children and gaining 2 dogs instead. I hope they aren't the little yap yap dogs...or the ones that are HUGE and dig in my brand new garden...or the ones that leave really BIG, uh, messes outside. You see, the last couple of days Ian and Emma have been barking at me. A lot. I mean really barking. And since I haven't had a dog since I was a little kid I have to wonder what I need for them when the transformation is complete? I guess I need a food and water dish and maybe some chew toys. I am a bargain hunter and I like to buy things from Costco, so maybe a 50 pound bag of dog food too? (They'll be happy they don't have to eat broccoli any more.)
I think I'll take them into the doctor today and see if they need to start seeing a vet now or if I can avoid the hassle of training a new physician and just keep the doc we have. He's a pretty good sport - he should be up for the challenge.
Anyway, I'll let you know how the final transformation goes. Gee...I hope they aren't the shedding kind of dogs...

1 comment:

Heatherlyn said...

I bet they would get a real kick out of it if you served their food on the floor in a doggie dish. If you taped it that might make good black mail material for when they are teenagers ... :)